[Users] Colors

Gerard E. Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Thu May 11 09:53:49 UTC 2023

On Thu, 11 May 2023 07:43:17 +0600, Dustin Miller stated:
> On Wed, 10 May 2023 14:42:50 -0400
> "Gerard E. Seibert" <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 10 May 2023 09:14:29 -0000, Paul stated:

> > > This has been discussed a few times on the list. You need to
> > > configure the colors (etc.) in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css.
> > >
> > > For example,
> > > https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2022-July/030629.html
> > >

> > Paul, I am not sure if I am explaining this correctly, or am
> > misunderstanding you.
> >
> DM: Hi, Jerry. I'm reasonably certain Paul understood what your issue
> is, and that you perhaps haven't understood his advice / guidance.
> My understanding is that what you're facing is not a Claws Mail issue,
> but rather a GTK3 / theme issue. If you check out the archived list
> message he linked to as well as multiple other ones in the archives,
> you should be able to get ideas for how you can resolve the problem
> according to your wishes. Some have chosen to just switch themes; some
> have chosen to do manual edits to the gtk.css file that Paul
> mentioned. HTH, ---Dustin
> >
> > When I start claws-mail, the entire desktop is a dark gray color
> > with white lettering. I want it to be a white background with black
> > lettering. I have attached a screen shot of what I am looking at. It
> > is also available here:
> > https://seibercom.net/Snapshot_Claws-Mail.png
>
> DM: Hi, Jerry. I'm reasonably certain Paul understood what your issue
> is, and that you perhaps haven't understood his advice / guidance.
> My understanding is that what you're facing is not a Claws Mail issue,
> but rather a GTK3 / theme issue. If you check out the archived list
> message he linked to as well as multiple other ones in the archives,
> you should be able to get ideas for how you can resolve the problem
> according to your wishes. Some have chosen to just switch themes; some
> have chosen to do manual edits to the gtk.css file that Paul
> mentioned. HTH, ---Dustin

That seems to be where I am having a problem. I have tried a half dozen
different themes; however, they only change the ICON designs, not the
physical page background and default text color. I guess I'll just have
to keep playing around with it until I get it all squared away.

Thanks!

--
Jerry