[Users] Colors

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu May 11 01:43:17 UTC 2023

On Wed, 10 May 2023 14:42:50 -0400
"Gerard E. Seibert" <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2023 09:14:29 -0000, Paul stated:
> > On Tue, 9 May 2023 17:48:54 -0400
> > "Gerard E. Seibert" <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I just installed claws-mail 4.1.0, GTK 3.24.34/GLib 1,7 on a
> > > FreeBSD 13.2 machine. I am running claws-mail in the budgie
> > > desktop. the program works okay; however, the background is a dark
> > > gray with white letters. It is extremely difficult to work with.
> > > How can I change it to a white background with black letters?
> >
> > This has been discussed a few times on the list. You need to
> > configure the colors (etc.) in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css.
> >
> > For example,
> > https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2022-July/030629.html
>
> Paul, I am not sure if I am explaining this correctly, or am
> misunderstanding you.

DM: Hi, Jerry. I'm reasonably certain Paul understood what your issue
is, and that you perhaps haven't understood his advice / guidance.
My understanding is that what you're facing is not a Claws Mail issue,
but rather a GTK3 / theme issue. If you check out the archived list
message he linked to as well as multiple other ones in the archives,
you should be able to get ideas for how you can resolve the problem
according to your wishes. Some have chosen to just switch themes; some
have chosen to do manual edits to the gtk.css file that Paul mentioned.
HTH, ---Dustin