[Users] Choice of "from" addresses

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 17:29:16 CEST 2020

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 11:12:26 -0400
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2020-October/027022.html

The OP here says he has the POP accounts, in the thread you cite the OP
specifically said he did not have POP accounts corresponding to the addresses
he receives mail on. Opposite situations.

> It looks like I overlooked the suggestion to filter the mail into
> different folders on arrival and set a default account in the
> "Compose" tab of each of the folder's properties. That one seemed
> like the most solid suggestion of those that were offered at the time.

Again an opposite. My initial response said that this could actually be the
cause of the problem rather than the solution.

> Just curious, but when wouldn't they? Wouldn't all the mail that you
> ever write come from one of your existing accounts?

Forwarding addresses, for example. Refer back to the thread you cited for
this.

with regards

Paul