[Users] Setting up Claws-Mail for Yahoo and Gmail

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:38:08 UTC 2024

On Tue, 14 May 2024 10:41:51 +0100
James Freer via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On 14/05/2024 06:31, Dustin Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 May 2024 05:39:23 +0100
> > James Freer via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to set up Claws-Mail for Yahoo and Gmail and it does
> >> not seem to download messages.
> >>
> >> My imap and smtp settings are correct. My guess is the
> >> authentication is not set correct and i would be grateful for
> >> help. ...
>
> > DM: Hi, James. Have you looked at the FAQ on the Claws Mail
> > website? ... ---Dustin
> >>
> Thanks for the reply. I've looked through those but i think the
> problem must be in the authentication and i don't understand how to
> set it in Claws. In Evolution and Thunderbird before one can download
> messages it takes one to the web login window for email provider -
> one logs in there first time and then all is set. That doesn't seem
> to be the case with Claws.

DM: Hi, James. I think the process on the back-end is similar, but it
may not be as automated / intuitive with Claws. If the FAQ doesn't help
you, then your best bet is to provide a detailed list of steps that
you're trying, what you think isn't working or not working, etc. Without
that, I doubt anyone will be able to help you. ---Dustin