[Users] Setting up Claws-Mail for Yahoo and Gmail

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue May 14 09:13:50 UTC 2024

On Tue, 14 May 2024 05:39:23 +0100, James Freer via Users wrote:

> Didn't find anything regarding Gmail so
> don't believe that. Hence my post for advice.

These days (with hurdles like 2FA and such) your best bet is to create
an App Password at Google and use that within your Claws Mail settings.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Unlike you insist on migrating to Oauth2 which can be a pain because
of what will be required on the Google setup side:
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2