[Users] Rules

c. marlow CWM030 at FASTMAIL.US
Sat Jan 27 17:13:22 UTC 2024

On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 15:57:54 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 22:55:36 -0600
> "c. marlow" <cwm030 at fastmail.us> wrote:
>
> Hello c.,
>
> >Which one do I use for everyday filtering? PRE, POST, FOLDER? or Any
> >of the three?
>
> The answer, as is often the case, is;  "It depends"
>
> Use Pre-processing for stuff you want to happen when you enter a
> folder. (Including, but not limited to; marking messages for certain
> senders, ignoring threads you have no interest in reading, etc.)
>
> Use Post-processing for stuff you want to happen on leaving a folder
> (Including, but not limited to; Moving read mails from certain senders
> to another folder, etc.)
>
> Some of the above can also be performed in general Folder Processing
> rules.
> (Including, but not limited to; ignore thread, etc.)
>
> Filtering is generally for sorting/marking incoming mail.

Thank you, now I understand.

=====================
Thanks!
Chris

OFF LIST ADDRESS: CWM030 at FASTMAIL.COM

Stats:
-------
Claws Mail 4.0.0 (GTK+ 3.24.33; x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) DEB installation.
Account Type:IMAP unfortantly :S, I personally prefer Pop3.

Ubuntu Unity 22.04.3 ( Installed 1/26/24)
Memory: 15.5 Gigs
Processor: Intel Core i3-7100T CPU @ 3.40 GHz x 4
Graphics: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 630 ( KBL GT2)
OS Type: 64 bit
Disk: 1 TB ( EXT4 Partitions)