[Users] How to change column widths

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:13:17 UTC 2023

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:11:30 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 23:38:55 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> >Just have one additional comment, but for the developers: Moving and
> >setting the column dimensions needs work. An option where the user
> >can specify the column widths by entering numbers in a popup window
> >would work far better and more accurately than trying to drag things
>
> That's what Clawsker is for.  The one drawback being that you can't
> run Clawsker when CM is running - it'll warn you to turn CM off.

DM: Hi, John. Or if you're comfortable with it you can make the same
edits manually to the relevant file in the config folder. However, I do
see your point about a pop-up window available in the main user
interface being more user-friendly. 🙂️ (Your desired feature could
perhaps be added to the window that comes up when you Right-click on a
column header and choose 'Set Displayed columns'.) If you want something
like that bad enough, filing an enhancement request in the issue
('bug') tracker would probably increase your chances of it happening
over just a mention on this list. Cheers, ---Dustin