[Users] How to change column widths

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Sep 21 08:11:30 UTC 2023

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 23:38:55 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

Hello John,

>Just have one additional comment, but for the developers: Moving and
>setting the column dimensions needs work. An option where the user can

Setting column widths has always been done the same way;  Grab the
'handle' at the right hand side of title box, and drag.  Sometimes, that
handle can be really close to another, so getting the right one can be a
bit of a bind, admittedly.

Best option is, IMO, to turn off (at least temporarily) any mouse
pointer acceleration you have and reduce pointer speed.

>specify the column widths by entering numbers in a popup window would
>work far better and more accurately than trying to drag things with the

That's what Clawsker is for.  The one drawback being that you can't run
Clawsker when CM is running - it'll warn you to turn CM off.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"