[Users] Latest 4.1.1 Git Version's Config Doesn't Find Installed Libgumbo

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 02:34:21 UTC 2023

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:24:30 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 22:08:50 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Am I right in thinking that the configure script (and/or other
> > file[s]?) needs to be tweaked in order for it to 'see' that
> > libgumbo is indeed installed?
>
> No, it doesn't.

DM: Thanks, Paul (and Milan), for clarifying this for me.

> If you have libgumbo 0.12 installed the configure script will build
> the plugin by default. But if you have libgumbo 0.10 installed you
> will need to explicitly instruct the plugin to be built:
>
> --enable-litehtml_viewer-plugin
>
> This was explained in the git log when these changes were added. If
> you're going to build the git version please pay attention to the log.

DM: I appreciate the detail on how to build with libgumbo 0.10 if I
want, and also helping me learn how I could have likely resolved this
on my own. I will make a point of checking the git log when building
from git in the future. Also, kudos to the developers who put the
time and effort into providing workable options (via libgumbo handling)
for building the LiteHTML Viewer plugin. Cheers, ---Dustin