[Users] Latest 4.1.1 Git Version's Config Doesn't Find Installed Libgumbo

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sun Oct 1 16:24:30 UTC 2023

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 22:08:50 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> libgumbo-dev
> libgumbo1
>
> both showing version 0.10.1+dfsg-5.
>
> Am I right in thinking that the configure script (and/or other file[s]?)
> needs to be tweaked in order for it to 'see' that libgumbo is indeed
> installed?

No, it doesn't.

libgumbo 0.10 is an abandoned version of that library and potentially has
security risks (which will never be fixed). libgumbo 0.12 is a fork where
development is continuing.

If you have libgumbo 0.12 installed the configure script will build the
plugin by default. But if you have libgumbo 0.10 installed you will need to
explicitly instruct the plugin to be built:

--enable-litehtml_viewer-plugin

This was explained in the git log when these changes were added. If you're
going to build the git version please pay attention to the log.

with regards

Paul