[Users] I don´t want automatic filling of From

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Wed Nov 29 21:35:53 UTC 2023

I think I have a solution, though far-fetched.

The properties of all non top level folders can be set in the properties of their top level folder, by checking "Apply to subfolders".

So, for all top level folder, I select Properties > Compose >
Default From: x at y.z, Apply to subfolder,
click OK.

*If the highlighted folder is not top level, after clicking Compose, the From field will be x at y.z and if I send, then the SMTP will block me (as spam).  This reminds me to select the right account, then I just have to remove x at y.z and send again.

*If highlighted folder is top level (named by email address),
then From field is default account.

The default account can be selected in two ways from the Configuration > Edit accounts... window:

1-highlight and click the button "Set as default account",

2-highlight and click the button "Edit" then a window opens, check there "Set as default".

It occurs that 2- has no effect on the From field, I think it is buggy and anyway useless, since the first way exists.

Now to avoid any From field mistake when highlighted folder is top level, I create a dummy account and make it default.

If sent without filling properly the From field, there will be an error.