[Users] I don´t want automatic filling of From

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Thu Nov 30 15:08:01 UTC 2023

On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:35:53 +0000
"Pierre A." <pa.news at free.fr> wrote:

> *If highlighted folder is top level (named by email address),

The top level mailbox folder is not necessarily named by email address. It is
whatever name you give to the account, which could be your email address,
someone else's email address, your neighbour's dog's name, or any other
arbitrary name.

> then From field is default account.

In this case, providing nothing else (such as folder Properties) is
overriding it, this will be the From field associated with the currently
selected account, not the default account.

> The default account can be selected in two ways from the Configuration >
> Edit accounts... window:
>
> 1-highlight and click the button "Set as default account",
>
> 2-highlight and click the button "Edit" then a window opens, check there
> "Set as default".
>
> It occurs that 2- has no effect on the From field, I think it is buggy and
> anyway useless, since the first way exists.

1 and 2 both do the exact same thing and they both work. You think it is
buggy because you are thinking that the default account is equivalent to the
currently selected account, (see above). The default account is simply the
account which is selected automatically at start up. You can select another
account at any other time.

with regards

Paul