[Users] office365 oauth2

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon May 15 06:58:18 UTC 2023

On Mon, 15 May 2023 08:45:14 +0200
Paul Rolland <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 May 2023 15:37:47 -0700
> dmacdoug <dmacdoug at usc.edu> wrote:
>
> > I know I should probably stop wasting time on getting claws-mail to
> > work with the oauth2 authentication and just continue to use
> > Thunderbird, but I just thought it would be nice to only have one
> > GUI mail client on my laptop which could access both accounts. ...
>
> Well, I was one having issue with OAuth2 and M365, but since I got it
> working, a few month ago, it's perfect with Claws-mail.
> One of the important point I don't see in the list of operations you
> did is declaring Claws as an accepted client application for M365.

DM: Thanks for sharing your experience, Rol. From what Don has
described, I'd be pretty surprised if he would actually be able to do
this, since this is likely only something someone with admin access
could do (as your comment below also supports). From the error message
he's getting, it seems to me like even general user access to the Azure
settings is significantly limited, presumably by his university.
---Dustin