[Users] office365 oauth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Mon May 15 06:45:14 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Sun, 14 May 2023 15:37:47 -0700
dmacdoug <dmacdoug at usc.edu> wrote:

> I know I should probably stop wasting time on getting claws-mail to work
> with the oauth2 authentication and just continue to use Thunderbird, but I
> just thought it would be nice to only have one GUI mail client on my
> laptop which could access both accounts.  Sometimes I get obsessed with a
> problem when I should just let it go, especially since I also have access
> from my phone as well and as a last resort webmail.

Well, I was one having issue with OAuth2 and M365, but since I got it
working, a few month ago, it's perfect with Claws-mail.
One of the important point I don't see in the list of operations you did is
declaring Claws as an accepted client application for M365. I'm lucky
enough to be the admin of the tenant, so I did it in Azure, and may be what
you do reusing TB id's is equivalent, but following the step-by-step guide
really made it work for me.

Best,
Rol