[Users] office365 oauth2

dmacdoug dmacdoug at usc.edu
Sun May 14 22:37:47 UTC 2023

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 08:05:16AM -0000, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2023 00:45:53 -0700
> dmacdoug <dmacdoug at usc.edu> wrote:
>
> > My normal way of reading email is to use getmail to download all new
> > messages to my own mailserver
>
> You could use a Local account in Claws Mail, pointing it at the getmail
> mbox file so Claws Mail fetches your mail from there.

I wondered if I should explain, but figured I'd gone on long enough already.
I have installed dovecot imap server on my server so that I can access it
from anywhere.  I still want to be able to go directly to the office365
server as well though in case I should be out of town for a period and have
the bad luck to have my own server go down and not be there to fix it.

I know I should probably stop wasting time on getting claws-mail to work
with the oauth2 authentication and just continue to use Thunderbird, but I
just thought it would be nice to only have one GUI mail client on my laptop
which could access both accounts.  Sometimes I get obsessed with a problem
when I should just let it go, especially since I also have access from my
phone as well and as a last resort webmail.

Regards, Don