[Users] How do I use Claws-mail for downloading RSS feed?

Viatrix viatrix at purelymail.com
Sat May 13 22:20:50 UTC 2023

Hi Rajib,

> ANI is problematic. The feed link is here:
> https://aninews.in/rss-feed/
> Could it please be advised if the xml formats are correct for
> subscription?

The feeds are in the correct RSS format, but the website appears to be
doing "user-agent sniffing"; sending a different result based on the
HTTP User-Agent header. As far as I can tell, RSSyl has no setting to
change the User-Agent header it sends.

Did you compile Claws from source code when you installed it? If so, it
would be possible to change the User-Agent header directly in the
source code and recompile. My testing indicates if you opened the
source file src/plugins/rssyl/libfeed/feed.c and changed the line:
	curl_easy_setopt(eh, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "libfeed 0.1");
to:
	curl_easy_setopt(eh, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20100101 Firefox/112.0");
and recompiled, then the ANI feed should work.

> I now want to remove the IMAP/SMTP set up for emails. I can't.

If you open the "Configuration"→"Edit Accounts..." menu, are you able
to press the "Delete" button for the one account?

--
Viatrix she|they https://viatrix.is-hella.gay