[Users] How do I use Claws-mail for downloading RSS feed?

Susmita/Rajib bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com
Sun May 14 00:10:20 UTC 2023

Thank you once again, Ms. Viatrix, for replying to support me. I am
really sorry that inadvertently my earlier email was sent directly to
you and not to the mailing list, as I used the Reply option in gmail.
You may please delete it.

[ ... ]
> doing "user-agent sniffing"; sending a different result [ ... ]

Is this practice unethical in any way?

[ ... ]
> Did you compile Claws from source code when you installed it? If so, it
> would be possible to change the User-Agent header directly in the
> source code and recompile. [ ... ]

Unfortunately, no, I just installed the pre-compiled debian deb
package from the Debian package repository via synaptic.

> If you open the "Configuration"→"Edit Accounts..." menu, are you able
> to press the "Delete" button for the one account?

Yes, I did. Thank you very much indeed. I had completely forgotten how
claws-mail UI worked in 9 years.

So other than the ANI part, everything is in order now, thanks to your
advice and support.

Please also accept my admiration for your clean editing and highly
organised emails.

Best wishes,
Rajib