[Users] problem with attachments

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Tue Jan 24 22:14:08 UTC 2023

> When it doesn't work: if I don't click on the pdf icon before (so that
> the main part of the email remains selected) and I drag the pdf icon to
> the compose window, then the same question is asked: insert or attach.
> When selecting "attach", an attachment is created that is not
> containing the pdf file but the entire message with text/plain encoding

What is your operating system?

On my Fedora, I can't drag a file if I don't click it and the only files I can insert are text files.
I did not see any change from v3 to v4.

If I drag a PDF into the compose window, if I select insert, nothing happens and if I select attach, the file is attached.

Apparently you have something that converts pdf to text, you must have done something special for that to occur.