[Users] problem with attachments

Daniele daniele.boffi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 07:52:19 UTC 2023

Hello,

after moving from CM-3 to CM-4 I am facing the following problem.

Goal: to attach a pdf file by dragging the corresponding icon from a
message window to the compose window.

When it works: if I click on the icon to select it before dragging it,
then I am asked if I want to insert or attach and attaching works fine

When it doesn't work: if I don't click on the pdf icon before (so that
the main part of the email remains selected) and I drag the pdf icon to
the compose window, then the same question is asked: insert or attach.
When selecting "attach", an attachment is created that is not
containing the pdf file but the entire message with text/plain encoding

Expected behavior: the pdf should be attached even if I am not
selecting it, but simply dragging the corresponding pdf icon from the
message window to the compose window. This was the standard behavior
with CM-3.

Thanks!

Daniele