[Users] Error while compiling on macOS

Leo leo at heitmannruiz.org
Mon Dec 11 16:51:27 UTC 2023

> "TLS handshake failed" is an error following a connection attempt
> with a particular server, it's not directly to do with IMAP support
> in Claws Mail. Unless someone is using the same server as you, "Does
> IMAP work for you?" is not a useful question.

Hey Paul,

I suspect the issue I am observing to be the same that Stephan Hesse
has and David Fletcher was able to reproduce, in the thread "claws-mail
impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos". Also I suspect it to be connected
to this issue at
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/54182. To my unskilled
eye, this does not seem related to a connection attempt with a
particular server.

> See what /Tools/Network Log says when you attempt to connect. Review
> your account settings on the TLS page. Share these things if you want
> some assistance.

The network log says the following:

* Account 'Account3': Connecting to IMAP server: imap.mailbox.org:993...
*** TLS handshake failed

The only setting I have changed from the defaults, is checking
TLS/IMAP/Use TLS.

Thanks for your help!