[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Sep 30 13:02:34 CEST 2022

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 12:15:30 +1300
Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, what is going on?

The command prompt is operating in an environment that is created by
various settings that usually live in files like .bashrc and
.bash_profile (which should be in your home directory) whereas the
icons launch a program using a different environment that is set up
using the desktop environment (DE) files that differ by distro and by
DE.

As a Fedora user I don't grok the Debian/Ubuntu approach anything like
as well.

Like Paul, I would advise avoiding all and everything related to snap
and flatpak unless you have lots of disk space, CPU power and memory to
waste.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde