[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Sep 30 00:59:31 CEST 2022

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 10:09:19 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:13:25 +1300
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> Hello Rolf,
>
> >I *really* don't understand this; as far as I can make out, clicking
> >on the icon simply invokes the command "claws-mail %u".
>
> It also reads (at least, under KDE), and acts upon, the contents of
> ~/.local/share/applications/claws-mail.desktop.  AIUI, invoking an
> application from the command line bypasses that.   At least, that's my
> experience here.  Here, running CM from command line results in GTK
> theme settings in the aforementioned file, not being applied to CM.
> That's a trivial difference, I know, but other differences in
> expected behaviour may occur.

There is no "claws-mail.desktop" in my ~/.local/share/applications.

Could this be the source of my problem?

How would I get a "claws-mail.desktop" into my
~/.local/share/applications ?

If anyone answers this question, please give me a precise recipe.
People often seem to assume that I know what they're talking about, and
I don't.  (My ignorance is boundless!)

cheers,

Rolf

--