[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Sep 29 11:09:19 CEST 2022

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:13:25 +1300
Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

Hello Rolf,

>I *really* don't understand this; as far as I can make out, clicking
>on the icon simply invokes the command "claws-mail %u".

It also reads (at least, under KDE), and acts upon, the contents of
~/.local/share/applications/claws-mail.desktop.  AIUI, invoking an
application from the command line bypasses that.   At least, that's my
experience here.  Here, running CM from command line results in GTK theme
settings in the aforementioned file, not being applied to CM.  That's a
trivial difference, I know, but other differences in expected behaviour
may occur.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"