[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 11:04:27 CEST 2022

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:13:25 +1300
Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> So something is not right.  But my understanding is so limited that I
> can't tell *what* is not right, nor have I any idea how to fix it.

@Rolf Does "upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04" describe "1) There was a running instance
of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (or older).  2) With the publication of the next LTS'
first point release 22.04.1, while running 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) the upgrade
actually was a `do-release-upgrade` to eventually use Jammy Jellyfish"?  If
so, a pristine installation of the 22.04 LTS can bypass obstacles a release
upgrade might not resolve successfully.  (As for a backup, Ubuntu possibly uses
like Debian `~/.claws-mail` as the local mailbox folder.)