[Users] Font setting for Latin + 2 other scripts

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 19:39:29 UTC 2022

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:56:24 +0700
Stéphane Aubry <stephaneaubry at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Basically, before digging into the issue in my font file, I would like
> to know if there is "an alternative way".

+ For the noto font, your OS may offer an installation package.  In the case
  of Linux Debian though, the meta package[1] comes all along with 14
  packages.  Yet the volume to invest for the complete set is considerably
  large (789MB when installed), likely with a coverage larger than actually
  needed.
+ On occasion, questions about how to install and work with fonts for multiple
  scripts show up on stackoverflow[2] or pages about editors like Emacs.[3,4]
  Maybe avenues like these easier lead to a solution to the problem because
  you likely want to read and write in Thai, French, and Japanese not only in
  email correspondence.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fonts-noto
[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41209681/how-to-combine-noto-sans-cjk-sc-and-noto-sans-cjk-tc