[Users] How to open folder with the newest email selected Claws-Mail

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Mon Sep 12 07:39:30 UTC 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:30:15 +0600
Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:20:52 +0200
> Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
>

> > (Menu) Configuration -> Preferences... -> Display/Summaries -> (Tab)
> > Message list -> (Button) Set message selection when entering a
> > folder
> >
> > and remove every unwanted selection method from Current selection
> > box, leaving just 'newest mail in the list', which should do just
> > what you want, if I did understand you correctly :)
> >

> That _is_ what I wanted. Thank you.

Glad it helps.

> On a separate note: do I CC the emailer or just replying to the
> mailing list is enough?

To some extent, it is just a matter of taste. For me, it's not that
relevant, others strongly prefer mailing list only. I think Paul
usually reminds on sending to mailing list only, as he is subscribed to
the list (apologies if I do not remember something correctly). I am
fine with this way of thinking, which corresponds with default how
Claws Mail is setup - hitting Reply to mail sent via mailing list
invokes reply just to mailing list, provided mailing list given is
configured the way making this detection possible. This is the case for
Claws Mail's mailing lists.

Regards,
Milan