[Users] Building CM on Windows 11 with MSys2 MinGW

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Fri Nov 25 12:05:35 CET 2022

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:22:42 +0600
Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 03:03:32 -0700
> Jonathan Boeing <jonathan at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> > Is it failing when running 'make' for the Installer, or are you
> > trying to 'configure' and 'make' the Claws package directly?
>
> It's failing when running `make` for the Installer. I am assuming the
> Claws package will be built automatically by the Installer's makefile.

That's strange.  The perl plugin is explicitly disabled in
src/Makefile.am, so the Makefile shouldn't have PERL_CFLAGS or
_LDFLAGS.  And if you're running the installer make, pkg-config
shouldn't have found the linux gpgme.

It seems like there's a problem with your environment.  In a new shell,
run:

pkg-config --libs gpgme
export SYSROOT=/home/enan/projects/claws-mail-win32-4.1.1-1/src/playground
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/enan/projects/claws-mail-win32-4.1.1-1/src/playground/install/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/enan/projects/claws-mail-win32-4.1.1-1/src/playground/install/lib/pkgconfig
pkg-config --libs gpgme

The first pkg-config call should show the linux version:
-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgpgme -lassuan -lgpg-error

The second should show:
-L/home/enan/projects/claws-mail-win32-4.1.1-1/src/playground/install/pkgs/gpgme-1.18.0/lib -lgpgme

The build system exports those three variables, so you'd need to figure
out why they aren't taking effect.  Perhaps some other environment
variable is overriding them?

> I tried doing this, but it said: libetpan not found. I think I need to
> build the dependencies first.

Yes, the build system would have needed to make everything up until
Claws itself for that to work.

> And 'gpgcore' is a dependency. I
> probably could disable the plugin that requires it, but since you
> said you were able to build Claws from the Win32 Installer, I don't
> see why I cannot.

pgpcore is a Claws plugin; you could disable all PGP and SMIME plugins
to remove the GPGME dependency. If you disable those plugins in the
installer src/Makefile.am, run:

build-aux/pkg.sh claws
./autogen.sh --build-w64
make

to resume the build with the new options.

Regards,

Jonathan