[Users] Install from source on XFce Fedora 37

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Sun Nov 20 17:50:52 CET 2022

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 15:04:17 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> There's plenty of documentation on the fedoraproject.org site about
> locally building rpms and getting set up to do so.

I'm following the INSTALL file, can you share a link that explain how to
build RPM file? Do I need to create RPM package myself to install claws?
I once wanted to learn how to create RPM packages but given up, it was more
confusing than creating deb files. If Claws don't came up with any RPM related
files isn't much more difficult that just:

```
./configure && make && sudo make install
```

but this doesn't work because of missing dependency. So it will be exactly
the same with with RPM that use some source code only package it with RPM
file. I don't need RPM file at all. I just want to install from source.

--
Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Senior Front-End Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me