[Users] Install from source on XFce Fedora 37

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sun Nov 20 15:04:17 CET 2022

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:38:06 +0100
"Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> I've installed:
>
> libetpan-devel 1.9.4 and libetpan was already installed but got this
> error:
>
> checking whether to use libetpan... yes
> checking for libetpan-config... no
> *** Claws Mail requires libetpan 0.57 or newer. See
> http://www.etpan.org/ *** You can use --disable-libetpan if you don't
> need IMAP4 and/or NNTP support. configure: error: libetpan 0.57 not
> found
>
> Any one installed Claws from source on Fedora?

I build rpms using the git source but using the rpmbuild process based
on the spec file from the src rpm, if you just want Claws at its release
version then just install it from the repositories, 4.1.1 is now
available.

If you have installed libetpan-devel then you should have:

/usr/include/libetpan/libetpan-config.h

You also need to check for libetpan.pc in:

/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libetpan.pc

Which is probably what is being checked for as well.

There's plenty of documentation on the fedoraproject.org site about
locally building rpms and getting set up to do so.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde