[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 5 21:47:06 UTC 2022

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:41:11 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I like the "summaryview_height" to be minimal so that the
> "messageview_height" shows as many messages as possible.
>
> So, I adjust the "messageview_height" with the mouse, to be more,
> which results in the summaryview_height" to be less. However I'm
> finding upon an exit and then subsequent entry again into claws-mail,
> that the "summaryview_height" has reverted back again. It is greater
> which makes the message view less height.
>
> Today ....

{SNIP}

The last week or so this issue was worse. Meaning the message view
height was at the absolute bottom of the page. Couldn't see any
details, so the usual workaround was to simply move it up with the
mouse.

Then  I needed to add the package audio-recorder, so installed it, but
it kept crashing, some error message about not being able to find a
library. It was the same message as shown at
https://github.com/dev47apps/droidcam/issues/182

So I installed it as

	sudo apt install libappindicator3-1

and now the message view problem has disappeared. The view height
appears the same as prior to the last Claws exit. Not much info about
what is does on the Ubuntu packages at
https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/libappindicator3-1 , but some info
from the Debian site - "allow applications to export a menu into the
panel -- GTK3 version "

Is this a fix ? I hope so, it works for me at least.

Cheers,

Peter