[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 03:44:33 UTC 2022

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 08:47:06 +1100
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:41:11 +1000
> Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > I like the "summaryview_height" to be minimal so that the
> > "messageview_height" shows as many messages as possible.
> >
> > So, I adjust the "messageview_height" with the mouse, to be more,
> > which results in the summaryview_height" to be less. However I'm
> > finding upon an exit and then subsequent entry again into
> > claws-mail, that the "summaryview_height" has reverted back again.
> > It is greater which makes the message view less height.
>
> {SNIP}
>
> The last week or so this issue was worse. ...
>
> So I installed ...
>
> 	sudo apt install libappindicator3-1
>
> and now the message view problem has disappeared. ...
>
> Is this a fix ? I hope so, it works for me at least.

DM: Interesting, Peter; thanks for sharing this. I will add it to my
list of potential solutions to check out. One difference on my systems
from yours is that I haven't ever seen the 'creep' that you've
described; Claws just always reverts to the same default panel
separator location, which shows approximately two messages in the
summary view. Funny how 'random' some solutions can be. :) ---Dustin