[Users] (FreeBSD) Claws Mail PGP/GPG Plugin - "No such file or directory" Error

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun May 8 14:38:52 UTC 2022

On Sun, 8 May 2022 08:01:42 -0500
Hunter Ellett <hunter2k1 at disroot.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2022 13:05:49 +0200
> Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
> > as you mention FreeBSD in subject, how did you install Claws Mail?
> > Also, somehow related, which version do you use? I see no X-Mailer
> > header in your post...
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention these. This is Claws Mail 3.18.0 and I
> installed it and the GPG plugin via the pre-built package instead of
> building the port.

OK, that's standard way (one of).

> > I do use Claws Mail on FreeBSD, I started to use PGP plugin some
> > time ago, but only for detecting signature validity, not sending
> > signed messages. Maybe it's time to try, I just need to finish some
> > other tasks first.
>
> Speaking of which, I haven't even tested that until now. I just
> imported someones key from this ML, and its showing their messages as
> signed, so it appears to be working which is good news.

I do not know much on the subject, yet, but my gut feeling is you did
not create your own GPG key.

> On Sun, 8 May 2022 09:46:36 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> > First thing first, are you able to sign using gpg (or gpg2) directly
> > on the command line?
>
> Interesting, I just tried to 'gpg --sign' two different files and both
> times it gave the same exact error - no such file or directory. I
> checked the permission of ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d and it's OK, and
> also restarted the gpg-agent. I don't know much about GPGME but this
> should affect it too, right?

This looks like it somehow confirms the above - if there is no GPG key
generated, it could not be found. Look into ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d
directory, I think that's where they should be located. Hopefully
somebody with more experience could chime in...

Regards,
Milan