[Users] (FreeBSD) Claws Mail PGP/GPG Plugin - "No such file or directory" Error

Hunter Ellett hunter2k1 at disroot.org
Sun May 8 13:01:42 UTC 2022

On Sun, 8 May 2022 13:05:49 +0200
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
> as you mention FreeBSD in subject, how did you install Claws Mail?
> Also, somehow related, which version do you use? I see no X-Mailer
> header in your post...

Sorry, I forgot to mention these. This is Claws Mail 3.18.0 and I
installed it and the GPG plugin via the pre-built package instead of
building the port.

> I do use Claws Mail on FreeBSD, I started to use PGP plugin some time
> ago, but only for detecting signature validity, not sending signed
> messages. Maybe it's time to try, I just need to finish some other
> tasks first.

Speaking of which, I haven't even tested that until now. I just imported
someones key from this ML, and its showing their messages as signed, so
it appears to be working which is good news.

On Sun, 8 May 2022 09:46:36 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> First thing first, are you able to sign using gpg (or gpg2) directly
> on the command line?

Interesting, I just tried to 'gpg --sign' two different files and both
times it gave the same exact error - no such file or directory. I
checked the permission of ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d and it's OK, and
also restarted the gpg-agent. I don't know much about GPGME but this
should affect it too, right?

--
~ Hunter