[Users] (FreeBSD) Claws Mail PGP/GPG Plugin - "No such file or directory" Error

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun May 8 11:05:49 UTC 2022

On Sat, 7 May 2022 20:13:00 -0500
Hunter Ellett <hunter2k1 at disroot.org> wrote:

> Hello Claws Mail users,

Hi,

as you mention FreeBSD in subject, how did you install Claws Mail?
Also, somehow related, which version do you use? I see no X-Mailer
header in your post...

> I'm having an issue with the GPG plugin for Claws Mail that
> prevents me from sending any signed messages. I have a good key and
> have the plugin set to the default (and only) key I have, but I get
> the following error:
>
> >Could not queue message for sending:
> >
> >Signature failed: Data signing failed, No such file or directory

Strange. Searching for 'Signature failed', the only instance in sources
is in compose.c, not directly related to plugin. Maybe a red herring
actually here, could someone with more knowledge comment?

> And I'm not sure what is causing it. I tried launching from the
> terminal, but this doesn't give me any errors pertaining to GPG. I've
> looked around on the internet and a similar problem appeared to be
> caused by the GPG_TTY variable not being set, so I tried to set
> "GPG_TTY=tty" but still get the same error.
>
> Does anyone know what directory Claws Mail must be looking for that
> doesn't exist, how to change it, or perhaps its some other problem
> altogether? Thanks.

I do use Claws Mail on FreeBSD, I started to use PGP plugin some time
ago, but only for detecting signature validity, not sending signed
messages. Maybe it's time to try, I just need to finish some other
tasks first.

Regards,
Milan