[Users] Logitech M705 mouse incompatible with Linux Re: Strangeness I'll be watching for...

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Mar 31 21:17:31 UTC 2022

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:11:35 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> FYI:  Just returned the "Comfort Wireless Combo (Wave)"
> keyboard/mouse and purchased the same model to see if this was a bad
> mouse.  Nope! The Logitech M705 mouse wheel does not play well with
> Linux.  Logitech support implicitly confirmed it's targeted at
> Windows/Mac users.  Even for those users, their website has
> complaints.  Would be a reasonable package; but this flaw makes it a
> non-starter. _______________________________________________

Hi Pierre,

I can recommend Logitec MX Master 3. Works flawlessly in Latest Mint
Cinnamon and Ubuntu 20.04. By flawlessly I mean every button and
wheel works as expected. If you want to reprogram button and wheel
functionality the management program is ported to Linux and can be
found on github under a GPL license. Default configuration fulfill my
needs so have not tried. Apart from this the mouse is a dream to work
with. Use it at work. At home I use a Kensington Expert Trackball
Wireless which also works flawlessly in Debian with the cinnamon
desktop.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.
		-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"