[Users] Logitech M705 mouse incompatible with Linux Re: Strangeness I'll be watching for...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu Mar 31 20:11:35 UTC 2022

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:47:24 -0400 Pierre Fortin wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:07:37 +0200 wwp wrote:
>
>>Hello Pierre,
>>

>>On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:04:48 -0400 Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>>> The message part was displayed in font size so small it was unreadable;
>
>>Did you accidentally reduced the text zoom factor to its minimum, using
>>CTRL+mouse wheel?
>
>Must have...  I have a brand new Logitech M705 wireless mouse that's been
>driving me nuts.  My finger must have been on the Ctrl key rather than
>hovering over it.  Anywhere else on the CM window Ctrl is ignored...
>
>This mouse's wheel is so sensitive, just touching it warps so fast, it's
>virtually uncontrollable.  This does it! Time to return it and try
>another wireless keyboard/mouse combo...
>
>What added to the confusion is that only the message text is adjusted,
>not the headers or attachment fonts in the message pane...
>
>Good catch!!
>Pierre

FYI:  Just returned the "Comfort Wireless Combo (Wave)" keyboard/mouse and
purchased the same model to see if this was a bad mouse.  Nope! The
Logitech M705 mouse wheel does not play well with Linux.  Logitech support
implicitly confirmed it's targeted at Windows/Mac users.  Even for those
users, their website has complaints.  Would be a reasonable package; but
this flaw makes it a non-starter.