[Users] imapcache folder contains all and complete messages from the IMAP server(s) ?

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Mon Mar 28 17:03:29 UTC 2022

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:23:48 +0300
Cristian Secară <liste at secarica.ro> wrote:

> Provided that I already entered for viewing all IMAP subfolders by just
> clicking on each, should I assume that all e-mails from server are cached
> (mirrored) locally ?

By default you have to open a message to get a copy in the cache, so simply
opening a folder won't work like you assume.

However, if you set the Folder Property, 'Synchronise for offline use' for
all of your folders, (do it from the top-level mailbox folder and use 'Apply
to sub-folders' to change all folders at once), and go to
/Configuration/Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous and set 'Synchronise offline
folders as soon as possible' then it will work like you want.

with regards

Paul