[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Philippe Gramoullé philippe at gramoulle.com
Thu Mar 24 21:48:27 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:57:27 -0400
Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> A lot of the smaller providers get spam binned at Gmail. I quite often
> have to mark stuff as not spam via Gmail Web access that come in to
> this mailing list here. Which means a whole bunch of email is being
> flagged as spam coming from these smaller providers. Is it really a
> good idea to use a small email provider that is being flagged as spam
> by the big providers Gmail, M$...
>
> I don't like this, nor agree with what is happening.  But having my
> sent email flagged as spam because I'm using a small provider isn't
> not a good choice for me.

Hi Leon,

At some point, your only choice is either self host your emails or
trust some mail provider, be it big or small.

I've been self hosting my email for a very long time. It's definitely
not a "fire and forget" solution. It took me quite some time to have
a setup that works for *me* (domain name, mail server configuration,
IMAP, SSL certificates, Claws Mail, spam filtering, ...)

But i've learnt so much in the process and now it fits my needs.
I need to baby-sit the whole setup at times, of course, but it is
basically pretty much rock solid.

I understand not everybody want to go down this road, so the choice is
whatever mail provider that dots your i's and cross your t's.

Truly yours,

Philippe