[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Thu Mar 24 17:43:41 UTC 2022

> Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022 12:57:27 -0400
> From: Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com>
>
> A lot of the smaller providers get spam binned at Gmail. I quite
> often have to mark stuff as not spam via Gmail Web access that come
> in to this mailing list here. Which means a whole bunch of email is
> being flagged as spam coming from these smaller providers. Is it
> really a good idea to use a small email provider that is being
> flagged as spam by the big providers Gmail, M$...

The biggest issue that I see, from discussions on mail provider
mailing lists, is that some providers are careless when it comes to
dmarc, spf, Rdns, etc., especially with IPv6 addressing. Given the
volume that the big providers deal with, if a message doesn't pass
these basics they don't want to spend time trying to figure out if
it's legit or not so put it in spam. At least there the user can get
to it.

>From what I've seen, m$ is the hardest provider to get mail accepted
by (and delivered to the recipient's inbox). Their handling seems
somewhat more arbitrary and opaque than the others, but that may be
an issue of sample size.