[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Mar 24 18:43:27 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:43:41 +0000
Richard <lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:

> The biggest issue that I see, from discussions on mail provider
> mailing lists, is that some providers are careless when it comes to
> dmarc, spf, Rdns, etc., especially with IPv6 addressing. Given the
> volume that the big providers deal with, if a message doesn't pass
> these basics they don't want to spend time trying to figure out if
> it's legit or not so put it in spam. At least there the user can get
> to it.

All this is red tape since no matter if the sending mail server is
covered with SPF, DKim, DMarc and RDns they only allow mails from a
white listed list.

Example, my mail server obeys all of the above and after verification
from google mails from my server is accepted by gmail. My mail server
has also been verified by Microsoft and all mail service owned by
Microsoft or hosted by Microsoft accepts mail from me except hotmail.
It claims that my mail server is on their black list! From a high
placed source in Microsoft - which is a former student of mine, I know
that such a liste does not exists!

The only other mail provider which shows same behavior as hotmail is
gmx.de

So all these issues often boils down to that big mail providers do not
like mail providers which does not spy on there customers and sell
their data to the highest bidder.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen