[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Thu Mar 24 15:34:30 UTC 2022

> Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022 11:00:23 -0400
> From: Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com>
>
> I received this from Gmail on March 3, 2022:
> ===
> On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure
> sign-in technology
> I recently read some discussion on this via K9 Android mail app
> forum. It was thought that "App Passwords" would still work after
> "less secure apps" is done away with. You need to have your Web
> Access to Google set up with two-factor authentication though. See:
>
> https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833
>
> I haven't yet decided whether I want to try getting OAuth 2.0
> working or change Web Access to two-factor and try setting up an
> "App Password". Doing the latter would allow me to use K9 Android,
> which didn't seem to have OAuth 2.0 working yet...

I have been using 2fa and app passwords for gmail for some time and
have not gotten one of these missives from google/gmail, so I am
assuming that the app password approach will continue to work, for
now at least.

One note on app passwords ... if you change your google password for
some reason the app passwords are deleted.