[Users] claws-mail does not remember password even though the "Remember with password manager" option is checked

lmfrm lmfrm at nanogroup.xyz
Wed Mar 9 03:26:46 CET 2022

No response from the Mint forum. This claws mailing list was my last
hope.

I removed gnome-keyring and it did not stop the behavior. Gpg-agent is
essential for PGP encryption to work so I can't remove it. That is, if
I want to be able to generate keys, encrypt/decrypt in the command
line, and verify signatures.

If that is causing this behavior there's nothing I can do except try to
contact gnupg, which may be limited to commercial (paid) support.

If Claws did not have an explicit dependency on other packages such as
keyrings or gnupg then it should not consult them for passwords or keys.

If one doesn't have gnupg installed where then does Claws store PGP
encryption keys per account?

Thanks