[Users] Rebuilding Win32 version of Claws from source

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 13:21:40 UTC 2022

Hi Folks,

Having built the Win32 version of Claws once (the 3 Apr version), I now want to
incorporate more recent changes for improved OAuth2 support.

I have downloaded the Claws source which Jonathan made available, and I see also there
are more recent versions of some of the ./packages/* files.

I have rerun ./autogen.sh, which tells me I can now proceed with the Make. As far as I
can tell it has taken no account of the updated packages.

My problem is that when I run make, it stops with an error, which (again, as far as I can
tell) is the result of it having no instructions for rebuilding the updated packages.

I can see I could start afresh by using "make distclean" but I really don't want it to
rebuild the packages which haven't been updated, as the original build took hours
(literally), probably because I am running Debian thru Windows Linux Subsytem.

Can someone (Jonathan?) tell me if there is a way I can force a rebuild of ONLY the
packages which have changed, without rebuilding the whole?

Thank you. :)

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie