[Users] Rebuilding Win32 version of Claws from source

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Mon Jun 27 15:21:33 UTC 2022

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:21:40 +0100
Rosemary Lockie via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Having built the Win32 version of Claws once (the 3 Apr version), I
> now want to incorporate more recent changes for improved OAuth2
> support.
>
> I have downloaded the Claws source which Jonathan made available, and
> I see also there are more recent versions of some of the ./packages/*
> files.
>
> I have rerun ./autogen.sh, which tells me I can now proceed with the
> Make. As far as I can tell it has taken no account of the updated
> packages.
>
> My problem is that when I run make, it stops with an error, which
> (again, as far as I can tell) is the result of it having no
> instructions for rebuilding the updated packages.
>
> I can see I could start afresh by using "make distclean" but I really
> don't want it to rebuild the packages which haven't been updated, as
> the original build took hours (literally), probably because I am
> running Debian thru Windows Linux Subsytem.
>
> Can someone (Jonathan?) tell me if there is a way I can force a
> rebuild of ONLY the packages which have changed, without rebuilding
> the whole?

I added two of my scripts to the /build-aux folder - clean.sh and
pkg.sh.  pkg.sh will do what you want, but you need to tell it which
packages to delete.  From the usage notes in the script:

# The script does a simple wildcard match for packages beginning with
each parameter.
# No consideration is given for dependencies.
#
# Examples:
#   pkg.sh glib - deletes glib and glib_networking
#   pkg.sh gtk poppler - deletes gtk, poppler, poppler_data

Regards,

Jonathan