[Users] Address Book→Other Attributes?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:59:39 CET 2022

Hey there,

Viatrix via Users wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> This message seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.
>oop yeah; so much so i unsubscribed from the mailing list (i'm back
>now)

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm glad you're back.

>> It looks like they're not searchable from within Claws Mail, but
>> are just there for your convenience if you want to add some type
>> of data that's not already available by default.
>It is indeed convenient, though I think it would be more convenient
>if I were able to search by attribute. Am I able to make a feature
>request? How would I go about requesting that?

You sure can, by using the Claws Mail bug tracker:

https://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/

>> That's actually a rather intriguing feature for those of us who
>> like to note spouse's or children's or pet's names or wedding
>> dates, etc., for our contacts. Maybe I'll start using the address
>> book after all.
>ye one attribute i've been storing is my contacts' pronouns, which is
>useful for looking up per contact rather than for searching.

That's another good way of using that feature.

>My use case for searching is I have many friends with varied
>interests, and if I wish to share knowledge to my friends with whom
>I have a shared interest, it'd be useful to look up contacts by
>interest.

That seems very useful and would make a great explanation in the
feature request.

>I guess the closest feature currently available is the "Remarks"
>column.

Does that work for you? I haven't yet filled the address book, so I
can't properly test it.

>An oddity I observe with the Other Attributes: They use XML entities,
>so I need to type & to display &.

Good to know and thank you for noticing it.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.