[Users] Address Book→Other Attributes?

Viatrix viatrix at purelymail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:58:50 CET 2022

Little Girl wrote:

> This message seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.
oop yeah; so much so i unsubscribed from the mailing list (i'm back now)

> It looks like they're not searchable from within Claws Mail, but are
> just there for your convenience if you want to add some type of data
> that's not already available by default.
It is indeed convenient, though I think it would be more convenient if
I were able to search by attribute. Am I able to make a feature request?
How would I go about requesting that?

> That's actually a rather intriguing feature for those of us who like
> to note spouse's or children's or pet's names or wedding dates, etc.,
> for our contacts. Maybe I'll start using the address book after all.
ye one attribute i've been storing is my contacts' pronouns, which is
useful for looking up per contact rather than for searching.

My use case for searching is I have many friends with varied interests,
and if I wish to share knowledge to my friends with whom I have a
shared interest, it'd be useful to look up contacts by interest.
I guess the closest feature currently available is the "Remarks" column.

An oddity I observe with the Other Attributes: They use XML entities,
so I need to type & to display &.

--
Viatrix she|they https://viatrix.is-hella.gay