[Users] 0auth2

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Tue Jun 14 01:05:28 CET 2022

> Date: Monday, June 13, 2022 22:17:37 +0100
> From: pete <petegn at mail.com>
>
> I have now given up on 0auth2  on gmail  and switched to mail.com
>
> If anyone has any magic recepies to get 0auth2 to work i would be
> interested but right now i am switching

If you have trouble with OAuth2 with your gmail account you should
(with a couple of account type exceptions) be able to set up and use
an app password instead:

   <https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en>

This does require that you have 2fa turned on. There are certain
types of accounts - e.g., accounts through work and school - that may
have disabled the app password option.