[Users] mail.com

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 14 04:01:59 CET 2022

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 22:17:37 +0100
pete <petegn at mail.com> wrote:

> Well  .
>
> I have now given up on 0auth2  on gmail  and switched to
> http://mail.com
>
> If anyone has any magic recepies to get 0auth2 to work i would be
> interested but right now i am switching
>
> PeteN

I would like a bit more detail about this, if I may be so bold. I would
*very* much like to ditch gmail if this is possible, but I fear
Traps for Young Players.

(1) Can you (or anyone on the list) give me some background on
"mail.com"?

(2) What are the notable drawbacks?  I'm sure there must be some!

(3) I presume that mail.com "works" with Linux operating systems
(as opposed to being restricted to Windoze and/or Mac OSX).  Am I
correct in this presumption?

(4) It seems, from groping around the mail.com web page, that mail.com
is connected with Firefox/Mozilla.  What if any are the implications
of this?

(5) I just looked over the mail.com web page a bit more and got the
impression that it is set up to be used *only* via a web
browser.  Is that correct? :-(

(6) I found a site that listed "the top 10 free email providers"
(or something like that).   In this list, mail.com didn't get a
mention.  Has anyone any idea why this might be so?

I'd be ever so grateful for response to the above, and any other
comments that anyone might have.

Thanks

--
Honorary Research Fellow