[Users] User has gone STUPID.

Brian Bates buzz at ksys.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 21:01:10 CET 2022

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:14:51 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:29:02 -0600
> "c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:
>
> > PS... I have NOT seen one person complain about the title.
>
> If that was the case, then you wouldn't be replying about it, would
> you?
>
> >  I could
> > understand people being upset if it said " xxx is stupid", but it
> > doesn't. The title is about a inanimate "object" / Application that
> > doesn't ( and never will) have feelings.
>
> Basically, and this might be news to you, by saying Claws Mail is
> stupid the implication is that the effort of the developers has
> resulted in something stupid, and therefore it is not a great leap of
> logic to feel that the implication is that the developers are being
> called stupid. Pff, I don't even know why I am explaining this, it is
> not hard to understand.
Not saying that Chris's title was the best possible title, but to me it
never looked like Chris was calling Claws stupid.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest, that like most of us, Chris
has a great deal of respect for the developers, and generally
enjoys using Claws Mail? Otherwise he might have been on a different
mailing list suggesting a different email client was acting up...

> This turned out to be your own error, and not for the first time. If
> you are not prepared to make the necessary effort required for
> eliminating your own mistakes as the source of the problem, then
> don't expect others to make the effort to read and answer your
> queries either.
To Chris's credit, when he discovered his error, he did own up and
explain what happened.

> with regards
>
> Paul

Cheers