[Users] User has gone STUPID.

c. marlow claws at cwm030.com
Wed Feb 16 21:20:16 CET 2022

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:01:10 +1300
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:14:51 -0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> > Basically, and this might be news to you, by saying Claws Mail is
> > stupid the implication is that the effort of the developers has
> > resulted in something stupid, and therefore it is not a great leap
> > of logic to feel that the implication is that the developers are
> > being called stupid. Pff, I don't even know why I am explaining
> > this, it is not hard to understand.
> Not saying that Chris's title was the best possible title, but to me
> it never looked like Chris was calling Claws stupid.
>

> > This turned out to be your own error, and not for the first time. If
> > you are not prepared to make the necessary effort required for
> > eliminating your own mistakes as the source of the problem, then
> > don't expect others to make the effort to read and answer your
> > queries either.
> To Chris's credit, when he discovered his error, he did own up and
> explain what happened.

Interesting that I did NOT get this reply delivered to me for some
reason.

But, lets break this message down:

> > stupid the implication is that the effort of the developers has
> > resulted in something stupid, and therefore it is not a great leap
> > of logic to feel that the implication is that the developers are
> > being called stupid. Pff, I don't even know why I am explaining
> > this, it is not hard to understand.<<<<

There's a big difference between *IS* STUPID and *HAS GONE* STUPID...
It's another way to say something has went nuts / or crazy on you.

We must be from different countries where says and such are said
differently.

> I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest, that like most of us, Chris
> has a great deal of respect for the developers, and generally
> enjoys using Claws Mail? Otherwise he might have been on a different
> mailing list suggesting a different email client was acting up...

Yes, Brian to what you said above ^^

> This turned out to be your own error, and not for the first time.<<

Lets rub it in why dontcha? :\

> eliminating your own mistakes as the source of the problem, then
> don't expect others to make the effort to read and answer your
> queries either.

Umm.. I did... I searched on gmail.com in 2 different folders and the
emails were no where to be found.

>>Not saying that Chris's title was the best possible title, but to me
>>it never looked like Chris was calling Claws stupid.<<<

DING DING! Thank you Brian!

Chris